Shopping Cart
Items: 0
The cart is empty.
It is currently 27 Sep 2021, 16:27

All times are UTC + 2 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [RESOLVED] Getting a lot of errors
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 18:32 

Hello -

I would really like to use your product but I am getting all sort of errors. From the installation onwards.
Error on install:

Notice: Undefined variable: plugin_name in /var/www/html/cafe/administrator/components/com_es_adv_bcs_mgr/install/include.php on line 164

Then it does seem to install but gives immediately the following error on my site:

Notice: Undefined variable: active_sections in /var/www/html/cafe/plugins/system/es_abcsm_handler.php on line 52

Help please

Post subject: Re: Getting a lot of errors
PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 19:15 

Hi.

I answered to your support request and I sent you the hotfixes with the reply. Those fixes will soon be published in our web site.

More information on this:
Those messages you see are PHP notices. Although we consider them as bugs(should not be displayed), they are not actually errors, meaning that the product should otherwise work fine. Those messages appear because your PHP is set to display notices, which is generally used for development configurations and not for public web sites. I am not saying your configuration is incorrect, I just want to warn you. You might want to turn off notifications to avoid such messages in the final deployment of your web site.

As for our products, I already sent you the hotfixes and after you apply them you will not need to disable notices.

If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 19:52 

When did you send the hotfix? I have not yet received it.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 22:42 
Support Team

Today I sent you two replies - first was a quick workaround and the second was a hotfix installation. First was about 10 hours ago and the second - 6 hours ago.

I sent them to the e-mail you provided when you sent your support request. Have you checked your SPAM folder? Sometimes mail servers get overprotective.

I could resend them to another e-mail if you wish.

PostPosted: 18 Sep 2009, 23:22 

Yes it was in gmail spam.

Thank you

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 21:01 

OK - The errors do not show on the front end. However, the back-end is still unusable as those errors appear everywhere, inside drop downs, inside descriptions, everywhere.

Can you just kill ioncube and trust people with support and subscription fees?

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 21:29 

Hi, James.

I had no feedback from you for the last few days so I thought everything was working fine.

The permanent fix is to be released tomorrow. In the meantime, the workaround I suggested in one of my replies to your support request is still valid.

As for ionCube - this messages you get has nothing to do with it. Believe me, if it was possible to work without ionCube we woudnt use it. It's not that we love ionCube, it's just necessary. You can see our post in the Joomla forums on that topic and I hope you will understand our situation. As a matter of fact, soon we will release GPL versions of some of our products. They will not be as advanced as our full versions but will probably be enough for many Joomla users.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2009, 21:38 

Well I had to rollout without breadcrumbs...

I can wait till a final version tomorrow.

Well, it is your business to do what you need, but, after using a couple of components with ion cube I have to say I am / will try to use only non-ioncube components, mods, plugins, etc for future work.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 00:16 
Support Team

I am sorry to read that you started without the Breadcrumbs extension.

Please note, that your problems are due to a PHP configuration that is very uncommon. We began fixing things as soon as you wrote your first support request. We offered you an immediate workaround so that you can use the product until a fix is released. We suggested you to make the necessary configurations(apply the workaround) if you do not feel like doing it yourself. All our responses were within a few hours (when not minutes) from your post/e-mail.

We achnowledge that the problems you have are bugs in our software. They occur in a very rare scenario (you are the first to report them), but they are still bugs. Please note, that we did our best to slolve your problems as quick as we can. You will have a fixed release tomorrow.

Anyway, a fact is a fact - you were unable to use our product. We would like to compensate you for that. You can choose any of our Joomla extensions and we will add one license to your account.

Again, I can understand why you don't like ionCube. But those messages you get has nothing to do with it.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2009, 04:37 
Support Team

The fixes are ready.

I sent you an e-mail with the installation packages. If you prefer, you can also download them from our web site.